School Meals- What will my child eat?
We encourage all children to access a hot meal at school. Our school meals are provided by an external source 'Relish' who provide a choice of nutritious meals for a variety of diets and preferences.
If you feel your child would qualify for a free school meals please do contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the school office for support with this.
Free School Meals are an allowance which the school gets to provide your child with a free nutritious meal everyday.
What is the criteria to claim free school meals? Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the qualifying benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than
- £7,400, as assessed by earning from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after the person stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
To help you talk with your child about their daily food choices please see our menus below.